Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
Hospitality is diverse and global in nature and one of the growing industries around the world. The International Hospitality Management Diploma is designed to prepare students for careers in the fast-paced, rewarding, and challenging world of hospitality management. The program appeals to individuals who are charismatic, outgoing, capable, and energetic. Its objective is to produce qualified graduates who are ready to work in hotels and other accommodation services at a supervisory level. Students will gain a broad range of management and operational skills and practical tools that will assist them in addressing situations that may arise within a hospitality/service environment. The program provides the skills to progress to higher-level positions, given the proper combination of skills, experience, personal attributes, and additional training. This program provides students with:
- Managerial skills to manage all physical aspects of a hotel, restaurant or hospitality property including: front office, housekeeping, and food service operations
- Supervisory and communication skills essential for effective leadership
- Techniques to develop and maintain high-performance teams
- Strategies to manage human resources and maximize staff productivity striving to exceed guest expectations
- Purchasing strategies and techniques
- Operational capacity for computer systems, such as hardware, software, and generic applications as well as computer-based property management systems
- Marketing strategies to employ in the hospitality industry
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available At...
Graduates of this program are employed by service establishments throughout the public and private sectors. Careers that correspond with the skills learned in this program include:
- Hospitality Manager
- Banquet Manager
- Food and Beverages Services Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Catering and Conference Services Manager
- Hotel Clerk Supervisor
- Reservations Supervisor
- Theatre Attendants Supervisor
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Keyboarding Minimum 10 words per minute (WPD)
Basic level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Personal Computer Fundamentals for End Users, basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, and Internet Fundamentals
Business Verbal Communication, Conference and Event Management, Business Correspondence level 1, and Customer Service
Supervision in the Hospitality Industry, Hospitality Facilities Management and Design, Managing Front Office Operations, Housekeeping Management, Managing Hospitality Human Resources, Purchasing for Food Service Operations, Fundamentals of Destination Management and Marketing, Leadership and Management in the Hospitality Industry, Managing Technology in the Hospitality Industry, Managing Service Food and Beverage Operations, Marketing in the Hospitality Industry, and Basic Hotel and Restaurant Accounting
Job Readiness/Employability Skills
Job Search and Résumé Writing
C$24,075 – C$63,000 (Information from PayScale Canada)
Tuition fees include all materials and student manuals. Financial assistance may be available to qualified students.
Contact us for more information
And an admissions representative will be in touch shortly.