Interior decorating refers to the art and science of making an interior space more aesthetically pleasing and functionally useful for its inhabitants. This diploma program will train students to be professional interior decorators and home stagers along with providing the necessary skills for students to successfully own and operate their own business. Topics include but are not limited to the following:
- Understanding and meeting the needs of your client
- Colour theory
- Colour psychology
- Decorating with furniture
- Elements and principles of design
- Decorating styles
- Window treatments
- Scale drawing
- Home staging
- 3D design
- Business planning
The only full-time decorating diploma in the province of Saskatchewan registered with Decorators & Designers Association of Canada (DDA).
Graduate Requirements: Students must achieve minimum overall average of 75% to obtain a diploma.
Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions.
An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program.
Method of Delivery
- Integrated Learning System training facilitated by 玩嘉电竞 Facilitators (12 flexible hours per week)
- Instructor-led classes (12 set hours per week)
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
Interior Decorators are employed by:
- Decorating firms
- Design firms
- Commercial and residential real estate agencies
- Re-design firms
- Architectural firms
- Floor covering businesses
- Window covering businesses
- Commercial and residential paint and wallpaper companies
- Wholesale and retail furniture stores
- Kitchen & bath design companies
- Wholesale and retail lighting companies
- Interior and exterior textile businesses
- Retail business consultation services
- Stage and set-design companies
- And more…
Upon graduation students will have the necessary skills to own and operate their own business.
Duties and Responsibilities
Developing detailed plans, budgets and schedules to meet the needs of the client.
Upon completion of the program the participant must demonstrate the following core competencies:
Minimum 25 words per minute (WPM).
Business Correspondence Level 1, Business Planning, Grammar Essentials for Business Writing
Proficiency in Microsoft Word
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Microsoft PowerPoint Levels 1 and 2
Office Procedures Level 1, Human Resource Management
Bookkeeping Level 1 and Level 2
Job Readiness/Employability Skills
Job Search & Resume Writing and Thought Patterns for a Successful Career
Interior Decorator Level I, Interior Decorator Level II, Computer Applications for Design, 3D Design
C$31,367 – C$68,641 (Information from PayScale Canada)
Tuition fees include all materials and student manuals. Financial assistance may be available to qualified students.
Contact us for more information
And an admissions representative will be in touch shortly