Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions. An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program. Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
The Home Inspection Diploma is designed to introduce students to a vast array of practical and technical skills and tools, preparing them for a career in the home inspection industry. This program provides training that links with the professional standards of the Canadian Association of Home and Property Inspectors (CAHPI) and the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI). This diploma program provides students with:
Knowledge of roof inspections focusing on system performance, safety concerns, and conformity with good construction practice
- Comprehension of the structural components of a residential dwelling
- The ability to inspect installed heating equipment as well as identify the energy source, type, material, condition, and any safety concerns related to this equipment
- Knowledge of cooling systems’ typical defects and how to apply correct inspection techniques
- Awareness of the interior water supply and distribution systems
- The ability to inspect all aspects of a dwelling’s exterior
- The knowledge to build an independent business
- The ability to create, write, and deliver reports
- The ability to address and effectively resolve disputes
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Not all programs are offered at each location.Available at...
Home Inspection is a fast growing profession. The home inspector takes part in multiple tasks, including the examination and the preparation of a technical report regarding the physical condition of a home. Graduates of this program will be prepared to work in either the private or public sector of the home inspection industry, as well as have an opportunity to become self-employed.
Minimum 25 words per minute (WPM)
Basic level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Internet Fundamentals, Basic Bookkeeping Levels 1 and 2, and basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook
Grammar Essentials for Business Writing and Customer Service
Job Readiness/Employability Skills
Thought Pattern for a Successful Career
Home Inspection & Maintenance
Roofing Inspection, Structure Inspection, Electrical Inspection, Heating Inspection 1 and 2, and Air Conditioning & Heat Pumps Inspection
Home Inspection & Maintenance
Plumbing Inspection, Exterior Inspection, Interior & Insulation Inspection, Communication & Professional practice, and Building Your Home Inspection Business
C$31,087 – C$65,194 (Information from PayScale Canada)
Tuition fees include all materials and student manuals. Financial assistance may be available to qualified students.
Contact us for more information
And an admissions representative will be in touch shortly